Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger presents #FeedNYCForward – Solutions to alleviate poverty and hunger for a more equitable New York City.
Join six of New York City’s leading food and farming visionaries in a conversation about the devastating impact of poverty, as it relates to hunger, racial & income inequalities.
Together, we will explore the solutions needed to create a more equitable New York City for all. An evening of networking, conversation and food! Free admission! (Limited seats available)
After the panel discussion – you will have the opportunity to ask questions and share your thoughts on this important discussion.
• Barbara Turk – Director of Mayor’s Office For Food Policy
• Karen Washington – 2014 James Beard Foundation honoree, 2010 White House recipient of National Medal for Museum and Library Services, Urban Farmer, Community Activist and Co-Founder of B.U.G.S (Black Farmers and Urban Growers)
• Triada Stampas – Vice President for Research and Public Affairs for Food Bank of New York City
• Dara Cooper – Director of NYC Food and Fitness Partnership
• Leah Silver – Site Development Fellow, Repair the Wprld: New York City
• Moderator – Beatrice Beckford, Director of Programs at WhyHunger
The evening will include the following:
6:30pm – 7:00pm: Networking with hors d’ oeuvres
7:00pm – 8:00pm: Panel Discussion
8:00pm – 8:30pm: Q & A and Closing
This event will be held on Thursday, April 30, 2015, 6:30pm – 8:30pm. The address is 808 Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn, NY. To rsvp for this event and/or more information – Please click here http://bit.ly/1ykGmD6 or send an email to email@example.com
Help us spread the word on Facebook, Twitter use the hashtag #FeedNYCForward!
BSCAH’s #FeedNYCForward panel discussion in partnership with WhyHunger, NYC Food and Fitness Partnership, B.U.G.S., Food Bank For New York City and RepairThe World:NYC